We are open 365 days a year from Dawn till Dusk.
- 4.5 miles of winding but easy trials.
- An interpretive center.
- Available for rental for gatherings.
- President Harry S. Truman Room.
- Historic displays.
- Plenty of picnic areas.
- Cascades (a mini waterfall, very) with a small shelter house.
- An ancient hedge tree great for photo opportunities.
- A children's play area, fort and all!
- A Pavilion (large shelter house).
- A pond.
- Ruins of cabins dating back to the 1800s.
- A water garden.
- Ann Harrison Memorial.
- Countless places to nature watch.
- A herd of deer.
- A scout encampment
- and yes... a Cave. See the next question for more information.
Yes and No.
We have a cave that for ages was the source of a spring water for people and creatures in the area. The cave was closed in the early 1970s for safety issues. The cave did go several hundred feet both to the East and West from the entrance. Currently the cave only goes back approximately 10 feet and is safe people of all ages.
We are currently seeking volunteers to be able to keep the Interpretive Center open more hours.
We currently only open Wednesdays from 11-4pm.
We keep the Center open when staff or volunteers are on site working.
If you would like to set an appointment to come in please use our contact us page and request an appointment.
Yes. Please keep them on leash. If they make a mess please scoop it off the trail and into the brush and please keep them under control when near other hikers and or their pets.
At this time we do not on the outside. We are working on that this year and will give updates. So please bring your own water.
All campsites are given priority for Scout groups. If there is not a scout group camping that weekend we can accept other reservations. We will make camping available to the public on Wednesdays at 5pm for the following weekend. Non Scout Camping is $25.00 for up to 8 people. Please do not leave a mess as if we have to clean up we will start having to charge deposit fees. Camping set up is 6pm and breakdown must be done by 8am, except for Scout troops camping multiple nights. If you wish to make a reservation please contact us on our reservation page.